Join in the excitement of Raku Firing
Schedule a time to experience the process of firing your bisque pieces in a Raku kiln!
Whether you are an EP member, RAW student, or member of our artists community, all are welcome. Please read below for details.
EP and RAW students
- Purchase Raku clay from EP studio to make your bisque pieces
- – Pipenburg and Raku 2 clay bodies are $16.50 / 25lb bag
- Can use your studio or class time to make projects
- Items must be ready for bisque firing at least 3 days before raku firing to allow for initial firing
- Pieces can be glazed ahead of firing day with our Raku specialty glazes or day of workshop
- If you have a home studio – please create pieces and complete your initial firing before arriving to your Raku workshop
- Firing services are available at Redmond Art Works
- We have a selection or SPS Raku specialty glazes for you to glaze day of – included in cost of workshop
First Time Raku Students
- Never worked with clay but want to give it a try?
- Redmond Art Works offers open studio 7 days a week for the community to come in and work with clay. We will provide beginning guidance, the tools needed to make your initial Raku forms, and provide the first bisque firing during scheduled open studio time
- First – Schedule a visit – book a table to clay hand build – Open studio costs $15 per student per hour and includes the cost of firing pieces created in studio. Clay is sold by the pound.
- Second – Book a Raku Firing Workshop above- on day of firing, you can glaze (paint) your raku pieces and go through the firing process! Your pieces will be ready to take home that day.
- Raku firing are available for students 9 + years of age – all students younger than 16 must have a participating adult present during the entire Raku workshop